Mark H. Mikulics, M.D.
Hand / Upper Extremity Surgery
Dr. Mark Mikulics is a Board Certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in microsurgery of the hand, and injuries to the upper extremities. In addition to his position with the center's Hand and Upper Extremity team, Dr. Mikulics is
an Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of California, San Diego (U.C.S.D.), where he instructs medical students in orthopedic surgery.
He received his undergraduate degree in biomedical sciences from the University of California, Riverside in 1981 and his medical degree from the University of California, Los Angeles (U.C.L.A.) in 1984. From U.C.L.A., Dr. Mikulics went on to complete his internship in general surgery, and residencies in orthopedic research and orthopedic surgery at the University of Pennsylvania from 1986-1989. He then participated in a year-long fellowship to further specialize in hand and microsurgery at U.C.S.D. Dr. Mikulics is now in the process of completing his law degree at the Thomas Jefferson School of Law.
His professional affiliations include the San Diego Medical Society, California Medical Association and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Mikulics resides in Poway with his wife and children.
- 1981-1984, University of California, Los Angeles, J.D Degree
- 1981-1984, University of California, Los Angeles, M.D. Degree
- Fellowship: 1989-1990, Hand and Microsurgery, University of California, San Diego
- Internship: 1984-1985, General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency: 1985-1986, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- 1985-1986, Orthopaedic Surgery, McKay Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania
- Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Dept of Surgery
- University of California, San Diego Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery
- San Diego County Medical Society
- California Medical Association
- American Medical Association